Attorney Gillespie has over 35 years of combined critical care nursing and litigation experiences. Having worked with the medical greats at Cardiac Cardiac Unit at St. Lukes Medical Center in Houston as a nurse and assistant nurse manager, to a critical care float nurse at The Med in Memphis Tennessee. While working as a critical care nurse, with two young children in tow, she excelled in Law School at Cecil C. Humphrey Law School in Memphis.
Attorney Gillespie started her law career at the law office of Wharton & Wharton, the law office of Memphis’ former mayor AC Wharton. From there, Attorney Gillespie worked for the acclaimed attorneys Willie E. Gary and Lorenzo Williams, handling complex medical malpractice and complex civil litigation cases. Attorney Gillespie practiced law and made sure to involve her children in as many extra-circular and sporting activities as possible. Both were heavily involved with competitive soccer and track& field.
In 2015 Attorney Gillespie became the managing director of the Gary Firm medical malpractice department, responsible for handling multi-million dollar cases from inception to closure either by settlement resolution or trial. In 2021, Attorney Gillespie became a named partner with the Gary Law Firm, and continued to manage the medical malpractice department. She continued to handle other complex litigation matters including, catastrophic injury cases, tractor-trailer, motor vehicle accidents, and commercial litigation matters.
Now, Attorney Gillespie is embarking on a new venture which creates a greater opportunity for her to continue her passion of helping people. With the launch of The Gillespie Law Firm, Attorney Gillespie will continue to provide the highest level of complex litigation service to those in need. Attorney Gillespie is who you should turn to when representation matters.
Ms. Gillespie currently serves on the Phrozen Pharaoh Foundation, Inc., as a board member. She is a board member of Fairview Golf Club, Inc., and she is an officer for Fore Sistas of Fairview Golf Club, Inc., She served on the board of Helping People Succeed, Inc., as chair of Parent Board; She served on the board of directors for Gertrude Walden Child Care Center (former board chair) for over ten (10) years, Pace Center for Girls, Inc., Treasure Coast, (former board chair; and she served on the Student Advisory Committee at Stuart Middle School and at Jensen Beach High School.
Ms. Gillespie is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, (Ft. Pierce Alumnae Chapter); She served as the Chapter President Treasure Coast (FL) Chapter of the Links, Incorporated from 2017-2022. She previously served as chair of the Health and Human Services Committee. Ms. Gillespie is a member of Class 31 of Leadership Martin County. Ms. Gillespie was recently selected to serve on the board of directors for The Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties.
- Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties, (board member)
- Phrozen Pharaoh Foundation, Inc., (board member)
- Fairview Golf Club, Inc., (board member)
- Fore Sistas of Fairview Golf Club, Inc., (founder and board chair)
- LEADERship Martin County Class 31
- Helping People Succeed, Inc., (chair of parent board and board member- operating board)
- Gertrude Walden Child Care Center (former board chair)
- Pace Center for Girls, Inc., Treasure Coast, (former board chair)
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Tennessee Bar Association
- National Bar Association, member
- Virgil Hawkins Bar Association, member
- National Bar Association Women Lawyer Division, member
- Martin County Bar (former chair of the diversity committee)
- Treasure Coast Justice Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, (Ft. Pierce Alumnae Chapter)
- Treasure Coast (FL) Chapter of the Links, Incorporated, Immediate past president/member
- Tennessee 1996
- Florida 1997
- United States Supreme Court 2018
- Causes of Action 2nd, 18 COA2d West Group, Causes of Action Against a Physician for Laparoscopic Negligence